Are TDEE calculators accurate?

You must be logged in if you wish to post to the forum.

OPFarisy5 4 days ago

Hi everyone! How accurate are these online TDEE calculators? Has anyone used them in their meal plans? For example, one calculator showed that I need to eat 2500 calories per day, and another - 2700. I would like to know your opinions and should I trust these calculations 100%, or are there still things that they can miss? And what is the best way to approach such questions when it comes to nutrition and exercise?

molly 4 days ago

Hi! I can recommend a proven tdee calculator, which helps to get the most accurate result if you enter your data correctly. But it is important to understand that even the most accurate calculators can have small errors, since they are based on the average level of activity and fitness. These calculations may be slightly different for each person. If your lifestyle is very active or, conversely, sedentary, it is better to adjust the calculator's recommendations manually. I would suggest using the results as a starting point and then monitoring your body: if you are gaining weight, reduce calories, if you are losing too much, add more. Calculators are helpful, but they are not a substitute for an individual approach.

Ardo98 3 days ago

TDEE calculators are really good to start with, especially ones like tdeecalculator.app, but individual differences are important. I think they are useful for most people, but it is important to listen to your body and adjust your diet and training based on how you feel.